Saturday, October 30, 2010

Whirlwind Week

Wow, this week has NOT been easy! Robbie and I spent all last weekend at a gymnastics meet in Birmingham. He was so sweet and helpful -- he even attended all the meets and kept up with our girls! We started home Sunday night only to run into terrible weather -- blinding rain, hail, the whole works. I got up Monday (I was dog tired but I got up) and was walking out the door for school when I got the call that we would postpone the beginning of school because of weather. Lauren helped me that afternoon at the gym, and Tuesday began like what seemed to be a normal day.

A little before lunch a message came in from Mama -- Daddy was not feeling well. He had a doctor's appointment and she felt like they might keep him. I left school early so I could see about him. I have never seen Daddy so low. He was weak and wobbly. It seemed that he was having trouble thinking and finishing his sentences. We called the doctor and made the decision to go on to the emergency room. With a hurculean effort, Daddy got himself to the truck. It was downhill from there, though. It took a wheelchair to get him in to the emergency room.

Now, I'm a daddy's girl --- and a mama's girl :) I don't like for either of them to be sick or hurting. So the rest of this week has been early days at school and afternoons and nights at the hospital and gym. Thank the Lord he is feeling better now! He is looking more and more like himself every day.

At a time like this, I am always amazed at how close our family is. We all work together, we plan together, we comfort each other, we cry together, we laugh together. We are more closely knit than most people can understand. I used to think our family was normal. Sadly, I think we are becoming the unusual. How incredibly sad for those who don't have what we have.

I am looking forward to seeing Robert's kids tonight and helping them with trick or treat. We will get pictures this afternoon, and tomorrow afternoon I will go back to see Daddy.  I am claiming complete healing for him.

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Mrs. Lisa - you are a wonderful daugther, wife, mother, Zizi, friend and mentor! Your life is full of a wonderful testimony!! I long to have what you and your family have!! Love you! Rachel