Friday, May 6, 2011

And the Definiton Is...

Sometimes, you realize you really didn't know the meaning of a word until you fully experience it. And so it was for me yesterday. What a busy morning it was! Our photographer had scheduled cap and gown pictures and I had some the needed to be taken, so I blocked out about two hours to get senior pictures done. We had a blast! Or I did, anyway. The seniors were all good, ready to do whatever I needed. I get group pics, val/sal pics, individual pics, and ...best of all...PLAYGROUND pics!

When we were donw with those, the seniors needed to take some for yearbook. I offered in my traditional Martha vs. Mary syndrome to get all the senior "stuff" (I forbid that word in their writing, but honestly sometimes it's the only thing that works) out of the gym lobby. I stacked and restacked, juggled and balanced, and finally headed to the high school building. Sad thing no one bothered to tell me there was a large concrete planter right in the middle of the sidewalk. Sad thing I couldn't see for all the stuff I was carrying.

Let me tell you, I was walking with PURPOSE...on a mission. And then my feet left the ground and I learned first-hand the meaning of CATAPULT. Yep, that's what I did...or it felt like anyway. All those pictures, my camera, honor cords, twenty medallions, valedictorian and salutatorian stoles, hangers, plastic bags...well , you get the picture. Actually, I'm very glad nobody DID get a picture. I was quickly seen about and helped up. I knew that God had been kind in not letting Lauren be there...we would have had to have her sedated or admitted to the hospital. She just cannot handle seeing people fall!

I knew last night I was going to be sore--physically, I mean. I suffered all the jokes about "trying to stay on my feet" and "at least you can do this sitting down." This morning, however, I had flashbacks to the time I was told to get up by myself after my emergency surgery. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Soreness...stiffness...bruises...OH.MY.GOODNESS!! Tomorrow has to be a better day!

No comments: