Sunday, May 8, 2011

FLASHBACK!!!

Time literally rolled back yesterday. Dylan ran in, and in his most serious voice, said (self-importantly, I might add), "ZiZi, I need some matches or a lighter. I'm gonna burn this big limb and the sticks in the back yard."

Now, those of you who are not familiar with us are saying, "My, what a helper he is! All young men should help out like that."

That's until you know he's five.

And the "big limb" is really half a tree that almost hit the car.

And the pasture is right beside the big limb.

And his daddy once burned that very pasture off when he was four by trying to burn that very tree down (because it was in his way).

And we had to call the fire department to help us and the neighbors keep the fire from burning forty plus acres.

And then his daddy convinced the fire department, wearing only underwear and sandals while walking with them to put out "hot spots," that I had set the fire by burning some garbage in the pasture.

Which I most certainly did NOT do.

But who do you think they believed? Yep, you got it. They brought me "Learn NOT to Burn" papers.

Oh, yeah. It was a flashback indeed!

No comments: