Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day 2011

Today has been a WONDERFUL day. We had Robert's kids overnight, and they are always a lot of fun! Who would have thought I would be spending most of Mother's Day weekend digging in the flower beds for grasshoppers? We had a ball.

Cinnamon rolls for breakfast made for a super easy cleanup, then it was time to get ready for church. Dylan had a little meltdown when we got there since he wasn't allowed to carry his motorcycle in--I could just see the fights that would take place over having only one. He soon recovered though. We had a big crowd of kids, painted hands and feet for Mother's Day gifts, handed out animal crackers, and --if I do say so myself-- a good time was had by all.

We had a little surprise at lunch--Mama and Daddy invited us all to eat. Kathy and David had hamburgers and they were willing to share! Easy breakfast, and now an easy lunch! Yipppeee!! After a yummy lunch, we headed to Red Level to deliver knock-out roses to Grannie for her Mother's Day. Sooner or later we will have her entire house surrounded in those beautiful things! The kids played a little, and then it was time to go meet their mama.

When we got to the drop-off -- or maybe exchange place is a better term-- Kandace gave me a beautiful hanging basket. I'm going to try really hard to make sure it lives. Maybe I should get Mam to do a couple of drive-bys per week. We'll see. I'm going to try really hard.

When I got home, Lauren, David, and Carsyn brought me a new camera and ...wait for it...LINDOR TRUFFLES. Oh.My.Gosh...I'm really going to have to ration these! Then Grace brought in the CUTEST dancing flower -- solar powered and water free. I'm pretty sure that one will live. And -- Vicki swears in no way connected to my recent fall that hurtled me through the air and left me stiff and sore-- they gave me a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage. Can't wait to cash that in!!

Finally, off to Cracker Barrel with my kids. What a great supper! I think Carsyn ate some of everything we had, and our waitress was wonderful. A quick trip to Wal Mart and home we came. A final surprise...Lauren handed me two Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. Man, I'll be on a sugar high for a while!

It's been a great Mother's Day. Not a day goes by that I don't miss Robert, but days like this are a little harder than most. Well, ok, a LOT harder. But I take such comfort in knowing that he is waiting for us in a place far better than I can imagine. I recently read Heaven Is for Real, and if you haven't, let me encourage you to run out and buy the book or borrow it from someone. It's amazing how we can know something, but having someone with firsthand knowledge makes it seem sooooo real. So get it. And...look for signs from heaven however they come. I do.

No comments: